...Energy patrols can include teachers, students, parents and community volunteers who work together to practice energy conservation by:
- Planting trees around the building, to provide shade and improve the environment
- Checking door and window weather stripping, to stop energy dollars from leaking through cracks;
- Checking outside air dampers, heating, ventilation and air conditioning filters;
- Replacing old or broken caulking and weatherstripping;
- Developing maintenance schedules for monitoring energy conservation; and
- Adding "energy monitors" to school vending machines.